Summer is a great time to enjoy water sports. A paddleboard is an ideal option for having fun on the water for the whole family. The rider powers it, so there’s no need to worry about kids getting carried away by a powerful motor.
It’s also ideal across a range of different water types. Head out to the beach and hit the surf, or go to a local lake for an inland peddling session. You can’t say that about a surfboard, can you? Besides which, if you’ve battled to balance on a surfboard, you’ll find the wider surface of the i32 inflatable iSUP to be much more forgiving.
The downside of your typical paddle board is its bulkiness, which is a problem that the i32 addresses by being inflatable. Just pump it up when you’re ready for action, and then deflate it, and stow it away easily when you’re ready to go home.
Another innovative trick that the designers employed here was that the board is thicker than usual, which makes it more stable and eliminates the risk of sinking in the middle when weight is applied. You can even use the board as a diving pad if you like.
- Roll-no-go portability for easy storing and adventuring at a moment's notice
- Utility ties keep your essentials safe and secure as you explore the water
- Dual-layer fusion construction keeps your board sturdy and stiff when inflated and flexible when deflated
• Non-slip deck surface. The gripping surface extends farther than is the case with most other models.
• D-rings are situated near the nose and held in place with a bungee cord, allowing you to carry a reasonable amount of gear.
• An extra D-ring at the tail-end allows you to attach a safety leash or tie it to the dock.
• A removable fin in the center is somewhat different from most other options on the market. Two fins are a lot more common. That said, navigating with this board is pretty simple – it’s very responsive.
• Includes an easy carry handle
• Simple to inflate or deflate
i32 What You Get
• You’ll get the board, naturally.
• You’ll also get a carry bag that can be carried as a backpack, or as a straight carrier. We would have liked the bag to be better quality, but at the price you’re paying, you shouldn’t expect much. Still, if you’re a little gentler with it, it should last you a while.
• The travel paddle. Okay, we’re not going to pretend that this is the best there is. It’s not. If this is a sport that you’re interested in long term, you’ll want to replace it quickly. If you’re still undecided or need something for the kids, it works fine.
• The stabilizer fin. It seems a little odd that the fin can be detached, but it makes sense for when you’ll be using the board in shallower water.
• You’ll also get a hand pump. It’s a high-pressure pump, but it does take about ten minutes and a bit of elbow grease to get the board pumped up. We’d definitely swap this out for an electric model at a later stage.
Who is This iSUP For?
This is an excellent deal for someone looking for a board that is reasonable in price and easy to transport. It’s stable, and it performs well. It’s perfect for beginners or if you need something to keep the family entertained.
Will it be the last board you ever buy? Probably not. If you’re thinking of competing, this is not going to be the board that gets you there. That said, for the average user wanting to have fun and get some good exercise, it’s perfect.
Upgrading the paddle will help to improve the experience quite a bit, and you can get in some great practice. As you become more advanced, though, you’ll want a paddle and a board that are a little more advanced.
How Simple is It to Use?
It’s pretty simple to use. You inflate it, and then take it out for a spin. We like the fact that it’s easy to store and that while it’s deflated, it doesn’t take up too much room. To be honest, the inflation process is the hardest part of using the board.
Build Quality and Performance
You’d think for the price that the build quality would suffer. You’d be wrong. The material used is PVC core that is rated military-grade. That means that it’s made of the same stuff that bullet-proof vests are made from. It’s tough and durable.
The material is stitched together instead of being glued, which strengthens the board even more. It will outperform many of its inflatable competitors. An inflatable won’t be as durable as a solid board, but this one is durable and well-made, so it will compare favorably, especially for the price.
Performance-wise, it delivers on its promise. It cuts through the water pretty well, and you’re able to get quite a good speed going.
What do Users Think?
Most users agree that this is a great buy. You’re getting a decent-quality board at a far lower price than a fixed board would cost. Users like the way it handles and agree that it’s perfect for newbies or paddlers with intermediate skill levels.
We’ve also seen good reports about how well it holds up over a few different seasons.
• The price is right. At that rate, you could easily buy one for the whole family.
• It’s easy to operate and perfect for beginners.
• A lot of thought has been put into creating a usable design.
• It delivers good performance.
• Because it’s inflatable, it is a lot easier to transport than a fixed option.
• It comes with a carry case, pump, and paddle — everything you need to get started.
• It’s easy to clean, dry, and stow away.
• Its thicker bottom allows it to store a fair amount of weight.
• The hand pump is going to get old fast if you want to take this out every day.
• We don’t like the paddle. It’s okay, and it does the job, but it doesn’t float and is on the heavier side.
Jimmy Stykes – The Final Verdict
To be honest, when we first started reviewing this model, we didn’t expect much. At this price range, we were expecting something that was far more entry-level than we got. What we found was that the manufacturers had come up with an excellent blend of price and quality.
View More Jimmy Stykes Paddle Boards
- SPECS: 10' Long 32.5" Wide 5.2" Thick | Supports Riders Up to 280 LBS
- ALL AROUND SUP DESIGN: Rigid and Stable | Flat Water
- INCLUDES ACCESSORY BUNDLE: Click-N-Go Key-less Fin, 10' Coil Leash and Adjustable Aluminum Paddle
- Epoxy construction
- Accessories included: adjustable carbon Paddle, fin & hardware, leash and board bag
- Utility tie downs - keep your travel gear secure while paddling
- SPECS: 11'6" Long 31" Wide 5.9" Thick | Supports Riders Up to 280 LBS
- All AROUND ADVENTURE INFLATABLE SUP DESIGN: Inflatable SUP | Lightweight, Rigid and Exceptionally Durable
- INCLUDES ACCESSORY BUNDLE: Adjustable Carbon Travel Paddle, Click-N-Go Standard Keyless Fin, 10' Coil Leash, Dual Action High-Pressure Pump, Repair Kit and Premium iSUP Board Bag